Thread: please verify fluid selection

Default please verify fluid selection

I have a '05 2500HD Duramax 2WD w/25K miles. I want to change out the tranny fluid with Amsoil Torque drive, and change the fluid in the rear end they recommend 75W-90 synthetic, is this OK? Thanks!

Yup! It's what I used.

On second thought, I guess that doesn't necessarily make it right.

Mike
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.

Arrow

Good choices. I've been running them for near 100K. Much abuse, no problems. I noticed no difference from Amsoil Universal Synthetic ATF to TorqueDrive. Both are much better than dino ATF. About 25-50° cooler during extreme use, and never any discoloration or odor.

The OEM fill and required replacement for the rear diff. is synthetic. 75-90 for mild to moderate use, and 75-140 for heavy use and/or frequent towing, especially in hot climates.

Another thing to remember (for other readers) is the front diff. I know you don't have one, but most folks only think about it when it fails. It deserves the same treatment as the rear.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com