Thread: Wiper Arm Paint Peeling

Default Wiper Arm Paint Peeling

On the 97 Tahoe the black paint is chipping/peeling off rapidly. I can the beginning of this happening to the 98 Burb as well. It looks like the wiper arms are galvanized underneath the paint and I'm wondering what to paint them with?
    Anyone tried truck bed liner or any other alternative that might stick better to this galvanized surface, seeing as it routinely takes 70mph bugs.
    Thanks
    Mark Magee
    98 Burb 2500 LT 4x4 VIN G, 4:10's 180K miles, Amsoil Bypass/full flow filters, Turbo Master, Heath ECU Reflash, Duraterm GP's, New Injectors, Walbro FRC-13 LP, 480LE Rebuilt 2X, Vacuum Pump Delete, K&N Filter, Fluid Damper, DTech remote bumper mount PMD, Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Fan Clutch, Robertshaw 192F stats, 2.5" Crossover, CAT gutted, Fumoto Drain, Alcoa Centerline Wheels, Ride Rite Airbags.
    2013 Keyston Fuzion 301 Toyhauler 9,100#s empty
    Velocity XLFG N34XL
    Brady Texas Hill Country

Good question and I also await for someone's good answer. My '93 Jimmy has this problem with the wipers and the roof rack. Seems to be the same factory paint.
    Mark Chapman DP member #653;
    1983 K2500 6.2 Suburban, 4" lift, 35" tires, ATS turbo, Banks exhaust/intake, pyrometer, tachometer;
    1986 K5 6.2 Blazer, 2" lift, 33" tires, Banks intake, pyrometer, tachometer
    1963 wife, one owner, average mileage for the age but in excellent shape, a keeper
    1992 daughter, low mileage, pretty, limited edition, but requires some money to maintain
    1995 son, sports model, very fast & peppy, time will tell on durability and maintenance costs

"Grease is good"

I don't do anything too complicated, I just pop them off, shoot them with flat black Kylon, put them back on. I might have to redo them in 5 years instead of the factory 10 years, but it doesn't cost much or take long.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC D/ZF SB Fire Red 2WD no longer the fastest stocker up the hill at the TDP Pull Off. -sold-
    2004 Chevy Suburban 5.3L 2WD
    1996 GMC Sierra 1500 5.0L 5sp 2WD LB