Thread: Cruise control install help

Red face Cruise control install help

Hello,
    I have a 2500HD plainjane Duramax. I purchased a GM replacement turn signal lever that included cruise control, Apparently, Chevy factory installed cruise into all trucks, but if the truck wasn't so equiped the multi-function turn signal stalk wouldn't have cruise on it. The package included instructions and they follow:
    7) Remove 2-T25 screws securing old multi-function handle. Remove handle and make all necessary disconnections.
    8) Reconnect all necessary harness’ to new multi-function switch. Reinstall 2-T25 screws to secure new handle.
    9) Sever 4 pin cruise plug off of new cruise handle. Extend wires and route down column to rear of 52 pin connector.
    10) Slide BCM out of BCM bracket. Remove plastic pin securing vent housing under BCM. Remove plastic heater vent. Remove 4-7mm screws securing BCM bracket. Remove bracket.
    11) Depress clip on 52 pin connector housing and pull towards you. Connector should be hanging freely.
    12) Access rear of 52 pin connector for following soldered connections :
    Cruise wires 52 pin connector
    Pink------------------------ A2 Pink
    Gray----------------------- B32 Gray/white or Gray
    Blue-------------------------B1 Gray/black
    Black----------------------- B10 Dark Blue
    13) Insulate soldered connections and reassemble.

Everything was fine until removing the 52 pin connector, I don't see any pins on the back of this connector, it appears you need to put the wires into a pin, and then insert the pins into the appropriate position. Has anybody else installed this? The link to the instuctions is: http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/0306ckinst.pdf

Thanks!!!!!

Default found some guidence

Hey,
    I found some guidence on another board, that said to splice into the pink leaving it in the connector and cut the other wires from the 52 pin connector, and then solder the cruise wires to the wires cut from the connector. I did this and it still doesn't work. I had a previous suggestion to verify that cruise is enabled with a tech II scanner, not sure where to get access to one of those other than the dealer.

Smile Installed/working

Found out the skinny: Splice into the pink wire, cut the other three and tape off the wires going into the 52 pin block, solder the others to right color and it works like a champ! $109 off GMpartsdirect_com

I'm quite familiar with C-201, the steering column electrical connector. In my case, I needed to interface the cruise control switches used on the 1989 cruise stalk in Lil Red to work with the 2001 electrical system. Sorry I didn't see your thread sooner....

Jim