Thread: 6.5 Lift pump

markrinker Guest

I have identified my lift pump as the probable source of low power under load on one of my 1994 6.5TD flatbeds.

I have power to the pump with the truck running, unhooked the lead and had same performance WITHOUT the lift pump! I am somewhat amazed that the truck will still pull a trailer, 7,000 bobcat, etc. just on the injector pump alone. Probably only due to 4.10 gearing...

Question: GM charges $199 for their pump, NAPA charges $99. Anyone used the NAPA replacement? What about inline performance aftermarket pumps?
    Can you gain any added performance by slightly over-pressuring the lift pump?

I bought one from schucks with a life time guarantee
    I can't remember the price but I Know it was a lot less tha GM
    95 6.5 TD Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4<br />FSD Cooler Flex-o-Lite fan <br />4.10 Auto trans. H&K Filter. lwhitney@harbornet.com

rjwest Guest

Advance Auto parts, 54 dollars, slightly more pressure. been running it a year now.

GM list price should be $183 for your pump and vanchevrolet.com will discount it to $128.46 . You would have to cut these open to see if they are the same inside quality wise. Has any body done this ?

My brother just got one for his 95 from Gomer's for $48 + shipping.
    1995 Chevy K2500 Ext. cab 6.5L.<br />1993 GMC K1500 Ext. cab 6.5L with Banks Turbo

tom.mcinerney Guest

Probably should get pump specified for 6.5 electronic svc. Gomer's sells them, also others of higher pressure in identical casing.