Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Smaller diesel engine, that would replace a gas inline four?

Holy crap this is a sticky? LOL.
    Well I have another truck because my dad cut down a tree on the other one, the 94.

I now have a 1996 Chevy S10 with a blown 2.2 my dad bought to replace the one he crushed.

I still want to do a diesel, and do a waste vegetable oil conversion.

I've found a Perkins T4.236 at my dads work, but it was ran out of oil (still runs but has top end noise) and my dad also knows for an Isuzu diesel that runs, although we don't know any details on it.

I've also found a Mazda built Perkins from a Mazda B2200/Ford Ranger. Guy wants $850 for it and it comes with tranny, 226K. I don't feel that it is worth it and its in Manitoba, and I'm in Alberta..

One problem is, I have to have an automatic.

I have a 4.3 V6 4L60E, I've found a manual shift kit that does not require a computer however it comes with a vaccuum module to controll the line pressure and as far as I know, this won't work on a diesel....
    I would like to be able to use the trans I got.

Default Mercedes

I saw on ebay a few years ago, someone had a GMC Sonoma with a Mercedes turbo 5 cylinder in it...looked awesome and got great mileage too. I know a man here in Tennessee who stuck a Mercedes turbo 6 cylinder in a Suburban with the GM automatic transmission and it sold on ebay as well. I got his email address and talked with him about a project like this I want to do as well. I found a website who sells conversion kits for Mercedes engines to mate with other mfg. trannys but It's on my computer at home and I'm at work right now.
    Greg

07 Cadillac DTS NHP, 86 Chevy C10 6.2L Silverado SWB Apple Red--sold, 2001 White VW New Beetle GLS TDi 50mpg! 1995 VW GTI VR6--sold and greatly missed!
    "Try not!...Do!...or Do Not!...There is No Try!"--YODA

Smile Comparing Diesel Engine Power

I'm new to this so not sure where to ask my question. My Generator engine, a Yanmar 4ESDL which produced a continuous rating of 62 HP at 1500 RPM has died. It powered a 35KW, (43.75KVA) generator.

I have now replaced the engine with a Mitsubishi 4D56 (Non Turbo) which is said to produce 55KW (74HP) @ 4200 RPM.

How can I compare the power of both engines at 1500 RPM which is the generator's running speed? Is the 4D56 up to the task....and what HP will it produce @ 1500 RPM?

Thanks.