Thread: Kennedy Tune Results

Default Kennedy Tune Results

Purchased a Kennedy tuned ECM back in Nov. 2007 for my 02 LB7. I got the 50-100HP tune along with a 4 inch exhaust system. I feel that the 50 HP economy tune and the 100 HP performance tune is is real close to their advertised values. I beleive the 4 inch exhaust lets these tunes work to their full potential. With the stock exhaust the back pressure was much greater and hotter when checking with my hand over the exhaust tip while ideling. Checking the 4 inch the same way I could leave my hand in the exhaust stream much longer before pulling away and had to get much closer to the tip to feel the pressure. I use the vehicle mostly as second vehicle to drive to and from work and for local errands. I would call this light urban driving. Running the economy tune I have acheived a solid 2 MPG gain over the stock tune. Also the throttle response is excellent as is the power because it feels like you are always backing off the throttle. When I get a chance I do have a 36 foot fifth 12,500 lb. fith wheel I tow. Just finished a 100 mile tow in economy tune and was amazed wih the engine performance compared with the stock tune. The throttle response is great and the torque band is fluid and endless. I always tow in tow/haul mode. I didn't check mileage but know its better because the engine is not working as hard. The performance tune is just that. The turbo and engine spool up so quick that the stock Alision shift points cant keep up and get confused. The performance of this tune would be two fold if the trans could keep up with the engine. This tune is a little scary because a crew cab dually isn't supposed to be this quick. I use all synthetic fluids and fuel conditioner and cetane booster. I change the fuel filter about every 10,00 miles and use donaldson filters. The truck has only 71,000 miles and have had no signs of injector problems. Bottom line is: If your going to put a tune on your Dmax, Kennedy tune is the best value for your dollar.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dually2002 View Post
    Purchased a Kennedy tuned ECM back in Nov. 2007 for my 02 LB7. I got the 50-100HP tune along with a 4 inch exhaust system. I feel that the 50 HP economy tune and the 100 HP performance tune is is real close to their advertised values. I beleive the 4 inch exhaust lets these tunes work to their full potential. With the stock exhaust the back pressure was much greater and hotter when checking with my hand over the exhaust tip while ideling. Checking the 4 inch the same way I could leave my hand in the exhaust stream much longer before pulling away and had to get much closer to the tip to feel the pressure. I use the vehicle mostly as second vehicle to drive to and from work and for local errands. I would call this light urban driving. Running the economy tune I have acheived a solid 2 MPG gain over the stock tune. Also the throttle response is excellent as is the power because it feels like you are always backing off the throttle. When I get a chance I do have a 36 foot fifth 12,500 lb. fith wheel I tow. Just finished a 100 mile tow in economy tune and was amazed wih the engine performance compared with the stock tune. The throttle response is great and the torque band is fluid and endless. I always tow in tow/haul mode. I didn't check mileage but know its better because the engine is not working as hard. The performance tune is just that. The turbo and engine spool up so quick that the stock Alision shift points cant keep up and get confused. The performance of this tune would be two fold if the trans could keep up with the engine. This tune is a little scary because a crew cab dually isn't supposed to be this quick. I use all synthetic fluids and fuel conditioner and cetane booster. I change the fuel filter about every 10,00 miles and use donaldson filters. The truck has only 71,000 miles and have had no signs of injector problems. Bottom line is: If your going to put a tune on your Dmax, Kennedy tune is the best value for your dollar.
    Absolutely TRUE!
    '03 Chev Duramax ext. cab, Kennedy ECM,After Market turbo,tranny, triple disk convertor, Exhaust Brake, electric tran. cooler, dual exhaust, Supertank 57 gallon.