All,
I'm an Electronic 6.5 guy and looking at Waste Motor Oil as a fuel stretcher. My research seems to point to WMO as a better alternative than Waste Vegetable Oil. Any 6.5'er burning any mix of WMO to diesel or even straight up? I understand our optical sensors can present a problem, is there anyway to fool this sensor on the opacity of the fuel.
I believe that filtering WMO down to 5 microns (whole house water filter) and sucking from a catch tank far away from the bottom to avoid water should provide an excellent and safe fuel that could be mixed in the tank with the existing diesel.
I would think the lift pump might be the major issue if we were to go higher than a 50/50 mix as over time the higher viscosity might wear it out. The IP however I believe should be OK at dealing with the blend.
I am game for moving in this direction, many Ford 7.3/7.3 Powerstrokers are running up to 100% WMO in the summer and lower cuts in the winter with no IP issues after many years. I know the optical sensor will give us issues as we increase WMO to ULSD ratio and maybe why I don't read about more 6.5'ers doing this.
All feedback appreciated.