Thread: 6.5 turbo on 6.2 pump questions....

Default 6.5 turbo on 6.2 pump questions....

I have a late 91 (K 7 1 date) Hummer 6.2 with a 4878 pump on it. I have a 93 6.5 with a broke crank and busted block that I am going to pull all the turbo and serpentine set up off of. The 6.5 has a 4911 pump, but needs rebuilt. Would I be better to change pump and injectors with the turbo, or am I ok with the stock stuff? Are the late 6.2 injectors longer that he 6.5? If everything is ok, I can turn the fuel up to account for the turbo, so that is not a problem.

Thanks
    Virgil

6.5 turbo on 6.2 pump questions....
    I have a late 91 (K 7 1 date) Hummer 6.2 with a 4878 pump on it. I have a 93 6.5 with a broke crank and busted block that I am going to pull all the turbo and serpentine set up off of. The 6.5 has a 4911 pump, but needs rebuilt. Would I be better to change pump and injectors with the turbo, or am I ok with the stock stuff? Are the late 6.2 injectors longer that he 6.5? If everything is ok, I can turn the fuel up to account for the turbo, so that is not a problem.

Thanks
    Virgil
    The 4911 would be best, but the 6.2 pump, if healthy, would likely provide good service (though perhaps not optimal). Most healthy 6.2 pumps can be turned up to better match a turbo application.

The 1991 and newer 6.2's used the shorter injectors and the cylinder heads were updated to include more upright injectors that work for the 6.5 factory turbo system that arrived in 1992. But, this being a HMMWV engine that is 17 years old could have been re-assembled with other parts along the way. Check for fit...

Jim