Thread: now my headlights quit working!!!!

Default now my headlights quit working!!!!

Hello again you guys have been alot of help to me on this thing as i dont know jack about these old military trucks. i know alot is probably the same but it seems theres also twice as many wires lol. OK now when i turn my headlights on just the parking lights come on. I tried puting a new headlight in and no go. Could this be a bad dimmer/headlight switch? or?
    Thanks again
    kyle

Does it have the 2 toggle switches as well as the standard GM headlight switch? IIRC 1 toggle switch is headlights on/off (powers the stock headlight & stoplight switches) and the other is for blackout marker/drive lights. Is the high/low beam switch on the column or floor? Both of them can get caught "in between" high & low beams and the headlights won't come on - the lights actually turn off momentarily and back on when going from low to high and vice versa. The easiest thing to do would be to get a test light and check for power at the headlight switch (not sure which wire is for the headlights), and the dimmer switch. Jumper the dimmer switch wires and see what happens.
    Last edited by NH2112; 07-27-2008 at 19:54.
    Phil

'90 Jeep Wrangler, 4.2l, AX15, Dana 30 & 35 with 3.07s (for now!) 4" Rough Country lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2s

'91 F350 XLT Lariat crew cab, 2WD SRW, 7.3l IDI, ZF S5-42, 3.55 LSD.