Thread: Additional fuel filtration / injector replacement poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Suburban:
    Changed injectors, presumably because it had been sitting for a while in our DRY weather. Engine has a little less than 100K by what I can tell from dealer info & extrapolating the tag info before it was wrecked.
    Stock filter(DELCO only),& I added an old Raccor 500 10 micron (I think)like we used on the 5.7L & 6.2L(BOY, that was FUN!!!) I don't have the room that the later ones have. Nothing in it after 5K. It's before the main filter. I try to buy fuel where I think they will have a high turnover.
    Gordon Marks
    Tampa, FL (Valrico, FL actually)
    99 Suburban C2500 W/LB7
    55 Series 1 3600
    33 Chevy 4dr street Rod
    64 Biscayne 409 NSS
    "10.81@124.65"]10.81@124.65 3920lbs.
    gordon@marksair.com

See below for filtration installed (installed within 10,000 miles of new in both cases). I just had someone check my injectors with a TECH 2 on the 03 since the 7 year warranty is expiring. The check showed that the injectors (return rate, etc.) are right on the money.
    1) '03 GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4; 4" exhaust, egt and boost gauges; exhaust brake; Bilsteins; BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Mag-Hytec differential cover; Suncoast V transmission w/deep oil sump
    2) '07 Classic GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4'; Bilsteins, Silastic shackles, BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Federico sway bars; Dipricol boost and egt gauges; Transgo Jr,, Mag-Hytec differential and transmission pan