Thread: Quadzilla Stealth II, for LMM,opinions

Default Quadzilla Stealth II, for LMM,opinions

Anyone have opinions on the Quadzilla Stealth II programmer??
    Some say it will put to much fuel in,more than most others,even on the econ settings.
    Or opinions on any programmers for the LMM.
    I am not looking to be hot rodding around.
    2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 BLACK SRW C.C. 4X4 LMM/Allison,long bed,Loaded,Westach EGT/Boost pass side, Edge Insight CTS EGT driverside, DIY stock airbox mod, aFe proguard 7 OEM airfilter. Back-up sensors + Back-up camera tied into the navagation screen, Redi Lift leveling kit, Cognito UCA's, Pitman Idler arm support, AMP Power steps, Firestone Air bags with controller in cab.

The first rule of LMM is NEVER apply any form of tuner to your stock ECM. This will leave a history report that can be viewed easily with a Teh 2.

What I have been doing is applying my custom tuning to a core ECM and the the OE unit can be swapped out. As for the Quad tuning, it's never really done much in the way of smarts, simply adding a bunch of fuel to get it's power.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    The first rule of LMM is NEVER apply any form of tuner to your stock ECM. This will leave a history report that can be viewed easily with a Teh 2.

What I have been doing is applying my custom tuning to a core ECM and the the OE unit can be swapped out. As for the Quad tuning, it's never really done much in the way of smarts, simply adding a bunch of fuel to get it's power.
    Thanks for the reply,this is what I have been reading on the Quad Stealth II.
    What does the tuning you do on a core ECM usually run $$$ wise.
    2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 BLACK SRW C.C. 4X4 LMM/Allison,long bed,Loaded,Westach EGT/Boost pass side, Edge Insight CTS EGT driverside, DIY stock airbox mod, aFe proguard 7 OEM airfilter. Back-up sensors + Back-up camera tied into the navagation screen, Redi Lift leveling kit, Cognito UCA's, Pitman Idler arm support, AMP Power steps, Firestone Air bags with controller in cab.

Be aware than the LMM DPF can be quickly plugged with soot if the tuning/programmer/module hasn't been extensively tested by the manufacturer and comes with some sort of warranty to that effect. Dealers will likely know you had something on the truck if you arrive with a plugged DPF and are expecting warranty service.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    Be aware than the LMM DPF can be quickly plugged with soot if the tuning/programmer/module hasn't been extensively tested by the manufacturer and comes with some sort of warranty to that effect. Dealers will likely know you had something on the truck if you arrive with a plugged DPF and are expecting warranty service.

Jim

What happens is they go to the programming history with the Tech 2. Regardless what is currently loaded, they can see that programming has been altered which is grounds for warranty denial.

There have been enough complaints about frwequent DPF regen and plugging from totally stock trucks that I warn people up front that I will not be responsible for regen frequency etc. I have tunes running in customer trucks with the DPF intact and have not had issues as of yet. Many have the DPF removed, but that is a task and decision I leave up to the individual. I just need to know the setup before doing a tune.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

Will a clean ECM with a EFI Live load pass the for warranty on a TechII?

Or do we need to swap ECM out?
    Jason Benjamin
    Milwaukee, WI
    07' Classic 2500 Duramax

LT265/75R16 Laod E
    Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

My tune is very clean as substantiated by numerous users running it with or w/o DPF. I have yet to hear of chronic DPF issues with this tune, but since some have issues stock, I suspect sooner or later we'll have one. As for emissions, I always recommend going back to stock, but it would be interersting to test. I have a good bit of confidence that it wil pass no problem.

On edit: I just saw that you have a Classic. Again, the same thing goes, pretty clean running, but keeping a stock ECM is always highly advised.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner