Thread: Ski boat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am going to keep looking into this i think it would be a sweet project
    Sold: 98 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4 auto 166k, Lubrication Specialties oil cooler, FSD cooler, Walking J "feed the Beast" mod, Heath HD lift pump, SSdiesel turbo back exhaust, Heath mechanical boost controller, Softtopper camper top, boost, egt, fuel pressure gauges

1970 El Camino SS, built 355, aluminum heads, Lunati cam, intake, 800 cfm edlebrock, Tremec 5 spd, QA1 Coil over all around, Wilwood discs up front, 3.73 Posi 12 bolt, Viper Red

2012 Audi A3 TDI- Love it! 45 mpg!

I was involved in boats years ago and we always ran BB Chevies of 454 to 500 Cubes in our racers

We used a retired race boat as our weekend warrior to ski behind.
    The pleasure boat had a 396 chevy with a 671 Huffer up top and some huge Carbs to flush the fuel though the thing

The idea of a 6.5 diesel is not a bad one. The 6.5 with a couple turbos would be sweet.

Run dual turbos and turn the IP up to the limits.

The 6.5 will spin fairly well and it will grab revs plenty fast enough for any pleasure needs.

Stay away from Bronze/ brass props though. Go with a tri blade stainless.

As daddy always told me, when they shed a blade it never goes out or
    down. This = WET butt.

Depending on the size of the boat and the prop,the proper gearing can put the little 6.5 right in its sweet spot.

No reason at all that the 6.5 can't spin along at near governed speed for periods of time.

The thing with a boat is that there is no coast, the prop is loaded all the time that there is power to the shaft.

Now what would be cool is a Drag boat type hull with a well chromed up and painted 6.5 with a set of wild chrome over the transom exhaust coming off the turbos.

Definately have some fun with this beast. Cruise by the beach with all the folks watching and belch forth a cloud of black smoke on their picnic Ohhhh Yes you will be the life of the party.

Be sure to use longer tow ropes so the little cuties back there wont get their Bikini's all sooted up.

I want to see this when its finished

Best

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

This project is still very much in the weanling stages, but I will be sure to keep all posted on the progress!
    Sold: 98 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4 auto 166k, Lubrication Specialties oil cooler, FSD cooler, Walking J "feed the Beast" mod, Heath HD lift pump, SSdiesel turbo back exhaust, Heath mechanical boost controller, Softtopper camper top, boost, egt, fuel pressure gauges

1970 El Camino SS, built 355, aluminum heads, Lunati cam, intake, 800 cfm edlebrock, Tremec 5 spd, QA1 Coil over all around, Wilwood discs up front, 3.73 Posi 12 bolt, Viper Red

2012 Audi A3 TDI- Love it! 45 mpg!