Thread: where s the new dmax suburban ?

Default where s the new dmax suburban ?

thought i d see the new v6 dmax suburbans and yukons by now....

talked with both chevy and gmc dealers and neither know anything about them.

a dmax in a suburban or yukon is the only thing i d buy new right now........

any thoughts ?
    '12 gmc sierra 2500 dmax slt carbon black.
    '12 s350 diesel mb
    '10 mazda 6i, for sale
    '77 450sl benz, in family since new, sold, still in jersey thou
    '91 350sdl benz, 3.5l diesel, 28 mpg
    '90 560sel benz

Arrow

Good question. GM has been promising a "Duramax Suburban" since 2001. Plans have always been "in about 2 or 3 years". Although it's always been "planned for the future", the future will always be in the future. I'll believe it when I see it.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

The latest issue of Diesel Power Magazine (I love that magazine!) has an article about the new 4.5 DMAX V-8 engine. No mention of what transmission is going to be used. I'm hoping maybe a 6L80?
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

Quote Originally Posted by hapaschold View Post
    thought i d see the new v6 dmax suburbans and yukons by now....

talked with both chevy and gmc dealers and neither know anything about them.

a dmax in a suburban or yukon is the only thing i d buy new right now........

any thoughts ?
    The 5.0L V-6 Duramax was fully developed by about 2003. This engine was essentially a 3/4 version of the V-8 Duramax 6600, just missing two cylinders. The engine architecture, geometry and most of the engine accessories were identical to the 6600. The production facility was scheduled to be built adjoining the existing DMAX facility in Moraine, Ohio. Those of you who attended the 2001 Rendezvous and toured the DMAX facility with us remember the grassy area where we arranged the truck photos..... That was where the building expansion was to take place.

A couple of people here actually got to drive a V-6 Duramax Suburban prototype back in 2003 or 2004.

The program was all set to go.... Then GM waited for Ford to release their 4.5L V-6 Navistar Powerstroke..... Ford eventually canceled their V-6 diesel program..... and GM put their V-6 in mothballs..... GM didn't have the gusto to go it alone in a diesel SUV market.

Once the new 2010 emissions rules became known, GM & DMAX knew their V-6 couldn't be economically modified to meet the tougher emissions restrictions so they designed an entirely new and smaller 4.5L V-8. GM also knew that Ford and Chrysler were planning a new diesel for their SUV lineup. Go with the flow.... Don't expect GM to do this unless Ford leads.

That's it in a nutshell.....

Jim

more waiting ...........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mercedes has the E , ML R and GL series all available with v 6 diesel for 2009 and more to come.......

the gl is nice, but costly........72k......but not as big as burb or yukon....
    '12 gmc sierra 2500 dmax slt carbon black.
    '12 s350 diesel mb
    '10 mazda 6i, for sale
    '77 450sl benz, in family since new, sold, still in jersey thou
    '91 350sdl benz, 3.5l diesel, 28 mpg
    '90 560sel benz