Thread: New Duramax Member

Default New Duramax Member

Hello from Indiana! New member here. But not new to diesels or diesel pickups. I recently purchased my "new-to-me" 2002 HD2500 Duramax Chevrolet and wanted to join up for the wealth of information this site seems to have available.

In diesels, I own a 1991 Dodge Ram D250 Cummins B5.9 pickup and a 2000 Dixie Chopper XXWD Yanmar Diesel 72" mower. I previously owned a 99 Dodge 2500 ISB Cummins truck prior to the LB7 Silverado. Good trucks mostly. However I wanted to try the Duramax for a few years. I really like the truck so far. It was a 1 owner and is super clean. It had all the service documents from the Chevy dealer...so I know its history.

I have fun maintaining the diesels at my volunteer fire department. Those engines include a Cat 3208, Cummins ISC and Cat C7. I also work in the construction industry and am around everything from D9 dozers to 500 ton cranes. So diesels are my "hobby" in a way. In a few years I hope to find an Oliver Super 99 tractor with the GM Detroit engine option and eventually a Peterbilt 359 with an 8V92TA engine option.

Anyhoo...I am pleased to be a member of this community and hope to learn alot about my LB7. I'm pretty familiar with the issues this particular truck has...injectors, transfer case, etc. But I can never learn enough. Its stock for now...and will remain that way for the most part.

I've probably already written too much. Thanks for this site!
    2002 Chevrolet HD2500 4x4 LT
    Extended Cab - Shortbed
    Duramax LB7-Allison 1000
    Charcoal Metallic Ext/Int

Welcome to TDP. Much to be found here.

Are you IUOE?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

I'm not a member of the Operating Engineers. Actually...I'm a Civil Engineer. But my employeer is a union shop.
    2002 Chevrolet HD2500 4x4 LT
    Extended Cab - Shortbed
    Duramax LB7-Allison 1000
    Charcoal Metallic Ext/Int

Quote Originally Posted by NeilLB7 View Post
    I'm not a member of the Operating Engineers. Actually...I'm a Civil Engineer. But my employeer is a union shop.
    Well, we have a few wild members here, but the most of us are civil ! I'm still kinda new to the OE, only 38 years between 12 & 3. Getin to old to ride the iron or climb slopes so I got me an office job, dispatcher. Damn GPS can work a grade setter to death. And they said it would make the job easier. . .Agin, welcome to TDP.

Engineer, lernt how ta spell it, now I are one.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold