Thread: Vacuum line from Vacuum Pump

Question Vacuum line from Vacuum Pump

the Vacuum Pump has died and I am replacing with a new one... Apparently the USA models only use for the Turbo but mine needs it for controlling the vents on the A/Cond.

Mine has a 4mm plastic hose that connects between the Pump and the sensor on the Rocker cover - about 12-13 inches long and I broke mine.

It is adapted to a rubber hose at each end.

Does the US 6.5turbo (F) motor have this same plastic hose? If so any ideas on part no. or who stocks the part?

Thanks

Noel
    Noel

1998 (Badge Re-engineered)RHD GM-Holden Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 150k miles, Turbo Diesel 583Nm 200Hp, New 4L80E, 3.73:1, Rebulit T/case with New Housing, standard 245's factory 6.5" wheels. No Mods. Car Code OBDII interface with Enhanced GM data, test & command modes, data logging, live data etc.

Toyota HZJ80 Landcruiser 4.2L Turbo Diesel, 195k miles, 430Nm 210Hp. Mitsubishi Water Cooled Turbo, Through bonnet Intercooler, Advanced timing and increased fuelling, 12 psi boost, Boost gauge and post Turbo pyrometer. 5 Spd Manual.

kempsey.mid north coast new south wales au

Default vacuum

sorry i didnt get back to you
    try yukon enterprises 035798 9529 there at victoria and are very helpfull and a pleasure to deal with,another member gave me there number but i have lost his details
    1998 holden suburban(chev)4x4
    6.5 td no cat 3"straight through
    230 k's

you can replace plastic with rubber hose no problem, plastic is cheaper and retains shape for GM when its on assembly line
    Good luck
    Ron
    rhsub 99K2500 suburban 6.5 code F,4L80, 4:10, FSD cooler, DSG oil cooler and lines, Dtech FSD, injectors, Isspro egt, trans and boost guages, Bilistein shocks

I found that Mercedes used a lot of 4mm plastic vacuum hose under the bonnet of 101 to 126 models. I bought 1 metre today for about $7.50 and it looks tough enough to do the job. I wasn't too sure about rubber and the heat of the exhaust manifold nearby.
    Noel

1998 (Badge Re-engineered)RHD GM-Holden Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 150k miles, Turbo Diesel 583Nm 200Hp, New 4L80E, 3.73:1, Rebulit T/case with New Housing, standard 245's factory 6.5" wheels. No Mods. Car Code OBDII interface with Enhanced GM data, test & command modes, data logging, live data etc.

Toyota HZJ80 Landcruiser 4.2L Turbo Diesel, 195k miles, 430Nm 210Hp. Mitsubishi Water Cooled Turbo, Through bonnet Intercooler, Advanced timing and increased fuelling, 12 psi boost, Boost gauge and post Turbo pyrometer. 5 Spd Manual.

If you want to make it tough, use some copper tubing (harware store) and push the rubber hose on each end so you can make the connections.

If you really want to make it tough use a length of slightly larger hose that will allow the copper tube to slide all the way though and then allow some extra tube to stick out the ends of the hose to make the connection with the small hose.

Once the tube is inside the hose, you can form things with gentle bends so it will lay as the original did.

The original plastic hose assembly was designed (as was mentioned) to allow for fast assembly at the factory.
    These are notorious for cracking over time due to heat and vibration.

I would opt for the hose and or the hose with the tube inside.

Best of luck

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY