Thread: Stock LBZ intake.

Default Stock LBZ intake.

From the extensive reading on this forum I have done it seems the general idea of the stock intake on the LBZ is more than enough. However I have also read (on other forums) that there is a modification that can be done to make it a little better. I believe the modification has something to do with the removal of the dust centrifuge? I am new to all the diesel stuff even though I was a heavy equip. mech. for 12 years. The only diesels I work on were mechanical injections with with electrical solenoid over mechanical fuel shut offs. I got out of the trade just prior to everything having a ECM. Any help on this matter or links to other similar post are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    2007 Silverado CC 4x4 SB, D/A LBZ, edge insight w/egt probe, Transfer flow fuel/tool box, BD exh. manifold, Magnaflow T-back 4", more to come.

Personally, I would leave it just the way it is. Taking out the centrifuge is not going to give you more power, only allow more junk to hit the filter. I run my 2007 stock except for my tuning.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I appreciate the advice. From what I have read most everyone with the LBZ and newer leave it stock. As far as the air filter do you leave the stock filter in as well?
    2007 Silverado CC 4x4 SB, D/A LBZ, edge insight w/egt probe, Transfer flow fuel/tool box, BD exh. manifold, Magnaflow T-back 4", more to come.

speaking of air filters..i have the optional "big" air cleaner..i dont think i should trust the little guage telling me when to change it...or should i?
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

I replaced the OE filter on my 2007 at around 25k. I was really amazed at how much sand came out of it especially considering I don't travel a lot of dirt roads. I found that a few gentle taps and the grit came right out in a circle on the shop floor. The filter minder hadn't budged yet, but I know 25k is a bunch for an air filter so I just changed it.

Fitting the new filter can be quite a PITA also...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!