Thread: Illinois Biodiesel blend

Default Illinois Biodiesel blend

Anybody know when Illinois is supposed to switch away from the biodiesel blend? I had the fuel filter problem and GM stuck it too me pretty good, since then I have been running a fuel supplement from summit and put the winter cover on and the message center reads 92% percent left after about a month and a half. Truck seems to be running pretty good just can't wait for better weather and fuel.

The Speedway station I fill at advertises 11% bio. I run the PS additive (white bottle) with every tank during the winter. I put a new fuel filter on in the fall (Baldwin), and I haven't had any problems, even in the -20 weather we had last week. Started and ran fine. Mine is a 2003, it doesn't have the fuel filter life display.

I'm not sure when/if they will switch away from it.

Bob
    tufcj

Default Bio blend IL tax break

The former POS governor signed a law few years ago that give the retailers a tax break on sales tax if they sold b11 or greater so unlikely the retailer give a rip about us when they can make a few extra bucks. However some are stepping up and only selling non-Bio in cold weather months. My company recently purchased a large group of Sprinters and you are not to run Bio in them so time will tell what kind of problems that will cause me.
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED

Winter use of bio fuels can be quite tricky. At the very least I would recommend FPPF winter Bio treatment to help with the bio side of things. I've sold a fair bit of the stuff, but haven't really had any feedback. All I can do is assume that it is doing the job as I'm sure I would have heard about it if it wasn't.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!