Thread: Transferflow 45 gal 03 tank into an 06?

Default Transferflow 45 gal 03 tank into an 06?

OK, I have an 06 CC/SB with the litte 26 gal tank

I want more fuel and can get a 45 gal Transfer FLow from an 03. However I understand that the pickups are diff (via TF) and a few others here.

The tanks seem to be physically the same size, only diff in the pickup assm and there is no fix from TF.

Hopefully someone can tell me if I can mod the pickup on the 06 to fit the 03 tank? How hard can it be, trim a couple tabs or make a new clamp?

If anyone has seen both or has access to both can you help?? I would hate to let this deal go by and I don't have room in the bed for anything made today.

I do have the idea to make a couple saddle tanks in front of the wheel wells. But it would be lots of fabbing.

THX!!
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.

You know, I've had both sending units in my hand at one time or another, but never looked to see what differences there were in dimensions. The LB7 is plastic where the LLY up is steel. There may be a thickness or other dimensional difference, but again without both side x side...

I'd suggest looking into a plastic tank like Supertanks. I have no experience with these though as shipping/stocking then shipping has not been practical so I have stayed away from them.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

FBJR,

TTSPowersystems.com may be able to help you figure it out. They sell lift pumps and fuel pickup mods for all years and may be able to tell you what you need. If you don't figure it out I would be interested in the tank for my pickup. Decided to keep the '03 and not buy the '06 I was looking at.

BTW Where are you on the left coast? I'm just south of San Jose, CA.

Matt
    mattb5150@hotmail.com

1993 K2500 HD ext.cab 4x4 - SOLD

2003 GMC K2500HD SLT EXTRA CAB/SB DMAX/ALLI, Bilsteins, Sulastic Shackles, Pitman & Idler braces, KD Headlight Harness, CAT filtration, Lift pump w/KD harness, Denali Door handles, Yukon exterior mirrors

2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Stoopider FAST

1996 VW Passat TDI 48mpg - SOLD

I am up near Travis AFB.

I will check with TTPS and see. Can't be that hard a mod

If they can't, I can PM the info.
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.