Thread: wastegate actuator

Default wastegate actuator

Where do I find a wstegate actuator vacuum pod. Mine is faulty and GM here wants me personally to bail them out by buying this item.

Way over priced!!

Do we have a vendor that sells this or do I just put on a mechanical control?

Please help, no boost
    2005 gmc 3500 c/c 4x4 dually 2015 Sierra 377FLIK 14,000lbs
    Rebuilt Allison w/ billet torque converter and upgraded clutches
    lly Duramax
    edge juice w/attitude
    Kennedy boost stick
    banks air box
    MBRP 4" SS
    egr blocker plate and finger stick
    head studs

I believe you when you say the dealer needs an arm for the wastegate actuator.

I have no experience with the TurboMaster but have seen and heard good results from it. It has adjustable boost levels.

With your OBDII vehicle you will see SES codes with the removal of the vaccum pump/wastegate solenoid and wastegate actuator. A new PCM/tune is recommended from one of the sponsors. A shorter serp. belt as well for vac pump delete. You won't need the vac pump with Turbomaster.

There may be other options....
    Late Model Specialties
    94 Camaro-6.5-4L80E-Holset vgt-WMI-DB2-3.42-stock longblock-8,500mi+
    96 Silverado C2500 ECSB-vin "S"-6.5-4L80E-3.42-FTB-relocated PMD-travel cruiser-203,000 mi+

Personally I prefer the vac set-up, but the TM also works well. In the long run, the TM is less expensive.

?????? If someone wanted to use a TM with a stock ECM, could one simply plug the vac line that normally attaches to the WG? ??????
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor

I lke the vacuum system right now, I don't want to change the ECM. It is generally reliable and since I gave the truck to my brother I don't want to have to worry if he hurts it.

Where do I find a vacuum pod for the wastegate actuator?Gm says $600 cdn
    lly Duramax
    edge juice w/attitude
    Kennedy boost stick
    banks air box
    MBRP 4" SS
    head studs

If you simply plug the line to the Wastegate actuator and run the TM you will get a SES light relatively prompt and a defuel.

The TM will not respond to the ECM's commands for boost changes and if the Boost stays too high for about 7 seconds or so the beast will set a code and defuel to a "limp mode setting"
    Then you have to shut it off and restart to get power back.

If you are going to use a TM, the best way is to use a compatible chip too so you get full advantage of the TM.

Large free flowing exhaust is a must too if your going to power and boost the thing more.

RC
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Robyn, is it because his truck is a 98 that he can't bypass the wg solenoid? My 95s has been bypassed now since about 00, or 01. No light, no codes. Not for that. My SES has been on since 04, ever since I installed the mechanical pump. Someone mentioned that the OBDII wouldn't allow it, whereas the OBDI would.
    Dick
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_935 View Post
    I lke the vacuum system right now, I don't want to change the ECM. It is generally reliable and since I gave the truck to my brother I don't want to have to worry if he hurts it.

Where do I find a vacuum pod for the wastegate actuator?Gm says $600 cdn
    One place to try for genuine GM parts at a discount is gmpartsdirect dot com. If you can't find it on their website, call them.

Junkyard?

Maybe just try calling around to some auto parts stores up there in Canada.

I'm not sure, but is it rebuildable?
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor

Just wondering, are you sure the problem isn't the wastegate solenoid? Do you get good vacuum at the wastegate at idle?

The vacuum is good. The actuator rod with engine running can be moved up or down easily by hand.

To me this means the vacuum pot is not working.
    lly Duramax
    edge juice w/attitude
    Kennedy boost stick
    banks air box
    MBRP 4" SS
    head studs

It's easy to check. Suck on the hose going to the actutor. If it leaks, it's bad. If not, it's good.
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Talking finally I can help...

I am doing a rebuild and have a used pod, will let it go cheap, make a good offer and pay for shipping USPS & its yours... locomoko