Thread: '95 Convenience center pinout

Default '95 Convenience center pinout

Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the "driver convenience center" '95 trucks? I need to ID pins for 12V Ign on & 12V constant.

I'm about ready to install my 18:1 engine. Just finished getting all the gauges in & doing the high idle mod & RJ's manual glowplug mod (many thanks to RJ & Jim for making all this info available).

Simply probing the pins (key off, then key on) with the batts in would quickly ID the right pins, but I won't get the inner fenders & batts in 'til after the engine's in for ease of access.

Still I'd like to wrap up the high idle +12V Ign on, and +12V always manual glowplugs power sources to finish those wiring projects first.

Did the typical 3 gauge A pillar pod. Then found a way to get the other 3 in the space below the HVAC controls where the OEM CD player or cubby were. Not perfect but still a bit cleaner looking than hanging below the dash which also keeps the mech oil pressure line better protected. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

When they first started providing nylon tubing instead of copper for mech gauges, the nylon's tendency to twist & kink drove me nuts. I now lay that line stretched out for few days to relax the twist; then slide it inside vacuum line. No more kinks in the tubing & adds a bit of protection to boot.
    1995 K2500, 8600 GVWR, 6.5TD, NV4500, 3.73:1, 18:1, balanced, Fluidampr, DSG timing gears, '97 cooling upgrades, 2100 psi-pop injectors, 4" exhaust, ceramic coated exh manifolds/turbine housing/SS crossover pipe, Autometer: pyrometer, boost, oil temp, oil press, fuel press, & water temp gauges, remote oil filter, B&M plate-style oil cooler w/ braided SS oil lines

Arrow

Maybe this will help. I can't find the diagram, but this shows the circuit and wire color/size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default Power seats

Thanks, this should help.

Are the power seats active regardless of Ign key status on the GM trucks?
    Don't have pw seats on my truck.
    1995 K2500, 8600 GVWR, 6.5TD, NV4500, 3.73:1, 18:1, balanced, Fluidampr, DSG timing gears, '97 cooling upgrades, 2100 psi-pop injectors, 4" exhaust, ceramic coated exh manifolds/turbine housing/SS crossover pipe, Autometer: pyrometer, boost, oil temp, oil press, fuel press, & water temp gauges, remote oil filter, B&M plate-style oil cooler w/ braided SS oil lines

Quote Originally Posted by SmithvilleD View Post
    Thanks, this should help.

Are the power seats active regardless of Ign key status on the GM trucks?
    Don't have pw seats on my truck.
    I wish they weren't. Whenever I'm leaning into the cab (standing outside with the door open), I often bump against the seat switches. All of a sudden I feel myself start to move - thinking my feet are sliding out from under me. It's like "Whoa - what's going on - why I am I moving?!" And then I remember... duh! I'm freakin' leaning on the seat switches. Wouldn't you know it, it get's me every gosh darn time!!!
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor