Thread: Changing the fuel filter

Default Changing the fuel filter

Looking to change out the fuel filter on my 05 gmc duramax/allison. Looking for tips on it, I have heard there are things that makes the job easier.

Thanks in advance.
    2005 GMC 2500 HD D/A

Here's a link to a nice How-to article in the members area ...

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members...axfuelfilt.htm

The forum search feature should also yield more info..
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

I tried to do a search, but no luck,

I have a logon to this website, what else do I need to access the link you posted? It prompts me for a password.
    2005 GMC 2500 HD D/A

Quote Originally Posted by fourtenposi View Post
    I tried to do a search, but no luck,

I have a logon to this website, what else do I need to access the link you posted? It prompts me for a password.
    fourten,

See this link for access to the member's area articles ..

Also here's some search results for "Changing Fuel Filter" (I used the advanced feature and selected titles only)

NEWBIE: How Do I change the fuel filter?

Changing the Fuel Filter on my truck

Changing Fuel Filter

Yet another post on changing OE fuel filter

Changing Fuel Filter

Changing fuel filter

Changing fuel filter

Hope this helps .. personally I prefer removing the fender liner for clear access to the filter ..

Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

In each truck we run is a spare Delco filter, a red wrench for removing the water sensor, and a set of mechanix gloves. Its all you need, if you don't reef on the filter when re-installing...hand tight on, prime, start the truck and watch for leaks...the wrench can be turned upside down, allowing for two-handed operation of the primer, which can make for sore fingers to operate by hand - especially in cold temps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DURAM...Q5fAccessories
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Here's another option for the WIF wrench .. I use a Lisle 34350 ... also available on ebay
    Bill
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD