Thread: Edge Costomer Service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Edge Costomer Service

I have been working with Edge to chip my C5500. It according to the RPO build sticker is an LLY/LRX. My chip arrived and was installed only to set a CEL and begin to run rough. I contacted Rob at Edge and told him what had happened. He thought that maybe the harness was bad and would replace it. I was going to be in Ogden the next day with the rig so he said bring it by and he would take care of the problem and he did. We put on a new harness and module and that went to limp and a CEL. Come to find out that the engine in my 2006 Jayco Seneca and chassis built in 2005 actually has an LBZ engine in it. No wonder the chip wouldn't work. He then gave me the module and attitude for a LBZ and it is good. I have worked with Rob in the pasted and he is knowledgable, very courteous and helpful. Edge is a very busy place and I know that some have had a difficult time getting in contact with them but with some patience and courtesy you will be taken care of. Give them a chance to let there AAA+ costomer service work and you will be happy. I certainly am.
    2018 GMC Denali HD 2500 L5P.

Glad to hear they got you up and running! My early 2006 K3500 cab/chassis hauler body was also an LBZ that had an LLY vin code.

If you have options to monitor multiple engine parameters with the Edge, might I suggest putting IAT right next to boost on your display? Then, as you are driving in hot, windy, or mountainous terrain, you can see when your turbo is working overtime - as the spread between outside temps and IAT increases.

My 2004 LB7 C4500 Kodiak had no problem with a basic +40hp tune, but would limp instantly under the load of only an empty trailer, siting tranny slip with +50hp or more...

With the larger frontal grille area and oversized radiator/deep transmission pan/larger engine oil capacities that are designed into the Kodiak series, I suspect you'll have no problem keeping up with the extra heat generated by the LBZ's turbo, but you'll want to watch it carefully as you have now added extra fueling, and there aren't as many Seneca owners out there to take the first lumps, if any are in store to be taken...

The pioneers get the arrows... Good luck!
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Talking

Thanks for the insight Mark. As of right now I am real happy with the way this thing is working. I drive at 65 mph and in cruise. I have level 2 on and this thing will go up and down the hills without a problem. Seldom shifts down. It seems not to be working at all. The best part is the fuel mileage. We are on the road and at this minute we are in a campground in North Platte NE. I filled up in Ogden Ut. and again in Rawlins Wy. Filling to the lip each time the first fueling yeilded 9.1. I filled again here in North Platte and got 9.9. I am thrilled so far as the head wind from Larimie to North Platte was brisk. Even with comeing off the front range (somewhat downhill) it just cruises. Water temps never above 222. Boost tops at about 18/19. Trans temp. 160/180. I don't have the EGT probe in yet but will before this trip is ended. It holds speed up most any grade. It has never shifted down lower than 4th. I can't get the grin off my face. I'm thinking that if I have the LBZ I just might have the trans that can have the 6th gear turned on. I don't know that it would be a good idea with the weight that I am carrying but who knows. I am towing a ranger p/u and my GCVWR is right at 27K. Wife had to take her plants with us. Anyway all is well. I will get the EGT probe installed shortly.

All the number sound good. Glad to hear of the mileage improvement!

Out of curiosity, can you get us some delta numbers between ambient (outside) temps and IAT temps, at level cruise?

Keep grinning, it will make people wonder what you are up to...
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Talking

I'll see what I can do today.

Talking

I a few differential numbers you asked for.
    We began from North Platte.
    Outside air temp---------Boost---------IAT
    75F 7 138
    80 8 143
    85 8 138

After that it started to rain and it cooled back down. I'll try tomorrow to get some more. We will be starting out tomorrow from Lincoln NE early. I will be going up to Omaha on 80 over to 218 and down to 34 on into Burlington IA. Should be able to get some more numbers.