Thread: Kennedy low compression pistons

rogers is offline Where there's smoke.... There's fire!

Default Kennedy low compression pistons

Hey,is anyone out there thinking of rebuilding their 6.5l with low compression pistons? Called Kennedy today and he no longer stocks his LC pistons, but will make some up if he can get 6+ orders. I really want a set of these babies. If anyone is thinking about it please speak up so we can get an order in. Pleeeeease!!
    1996 GMC K3500 Crew Cab Dually 8ft bed
    Rebuilt engine 2/10 18:1 pistons, forged crank, Fluidamper, dsg gear drive timing, high flow oil pump, rebuilt GM8, turbomaster, Kennedy ECM, 4" exhaust, wrapped cross-over and down pipe, '98+ cooling, Duramax fan, aftermarket oil cooler and hoses
    Rebuilt tranny 2/10

I have a used set of LC pistons that I'd sell you. They aren't kennedy's, but they are low mile.

PM sent
    1999 GMC K3500 Sierra SLE CCLB SRW 6.5L/4L80E 291Kmi Bone Stock w/PMD cooler(Comming Soon-AMG P400, turbo, exhaust, IC, CAI, reprogram, lift, H2 wheels, cowl hood and 2 tone paint!)

1997 GMC K1500 Sierra SLE ECSB Z71 5.7L vortec/4L60E 235Kmi (Comming Soon-334cid stroker,reprogram, electric fans, magnaflow exhaust)

1993 GMC Typhoon #1440-White w/Argent,
    1965 Galaxie 390/3spd-OD--In The Family Since '66
    1985 Buick Lesabre--$175 auction buy!

Arrow

Just a word of caution. We know that uninformed or deceptive eBay sellers are selling stock 6.5 injector nozzles that are advertised as being high-pop or high-output. When shopping for 6.5 pistons, know that unless a dish has been machined into the piston crowns (beyond what the factory pistons already have), the top of an 18:1 piston should be about 1/16" below the block deck when that piston is at TDC.

Jim