Thread: 6.2 in a Van, Turbo?

Default 6.2 in a Van, Turbo?

I am working on a 70 model Chevy Van (RV) that has had a 92 model 6.2 swapped in. The guy has most of a Banks turbo kit. Is there anyway to mount the turbo on this 6.2 in a van, as it is quite tight in there?
    I don't think a 6.5 manifold setup will work. I'm not too familiar with the Banks kit and he is missing the manifolds.
    Has anyone done this? Would a top-mount turbo setup work?
    Any ideas, information, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    96 Suburban K2500 6.5L TD. High miles and daily driven (for now). Remote mount FSD with cooler, Turbo Master/Boost fooler, 4" Jardine turbo back exhaust, 2.5" cross-over pipe, Boost, EGT, & Tranny temp gauges, working on more.

Anybody? I'd like to get some info before I call the guy back, but I haven't been able to find much.
    96 Suburban K2500 6.5L TD. High miles and daily driven (for now). Remote mount FSD with cooler, Turbo Master/Boost fooler, 4" Jardine turbo back exhaust, 2.5" cross-over pipe, Boost, EGT, & Tranny temp gauges, working on more.

Banks made a special kit for the 6.2L van, the turbo manifold is different from the truck manifolds. If your customer doesn't have the turbo manifold, game over. You only need one manifold, the one that the turbo mounts to. The kit needs to be off a Van in order to work, I don't know whether you can modify a truck one to fit, perhaps, but not likely.

6.5 setup, no way.

Center mount turbo? Maybe if you fabricated everything yourself, something I've considered, but I don't own a 6.2L van to try it on.

My father has a 6.2L van, with a NIB 6.2 Banks van setup awaiting his new engine build (when I get around to it), I'm going to photograph and document it when i do it this winter.

J

Good info, thanks!

Could you take a picture of the manifold for me? I'm curious about how it all works.