Thread: C-code intake manifold to HMMWV intake manifold swap questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy C-code intake manifold to HMMWV intake manifold swap questions

I recently got a great deal on a 6.2L HMMWV intake manifold. Searched around on here and pretty much got the impression that other than your intake lid being 90 degrees different orientation than before it was A-ok as a swapping candidate from the stock C-code intake on my '89 6.2L .

I've run in to two problems so far that have stopped my effort.

-The CDR hose fitting on the C-code intake and on my CUCV's J-code intake is big, like 3/4" or so. The HMMWV intake fitting is much smaller, 1/2" or so. I'm thinking I can just get some hose and an 3/4"-1/2" adapter to fix this. A bit annoying but would this cause any trouble?

-While researching this over the phone for me my buddy ran into a reference that since the HMMWV / Hummer intake sits so much lower than the truck intakes the stock air cleaner won't clear the IP. Is this true? Anyone had to get around this? He said the guy vaguely mentioned making a spacer or something.

Frustrated. Another project of mine turns to a steaming pile. Gotta go back outside and put the original stuff back together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -89 K5 Blazer. "The Blazer." 6.2L diesel, 33's, Rhino Lining, and stock(ish). Tow rig, play toy, and general fun.