Actually for the benefit of those who may encounter a similar condition, step 1 is to measure fuel filter restriction. It is not neseccary to measure at any place other than the factory test port at this stage.

Step 2 would be to measure restriction under load provided Step 1 test is passed. Now this gauge has a fixed mount to simplify operation, BUT a hose can be easily added and the gauge placed up under a windshield wiper (standard practice) while the truck is driven.

When troubleshooting something like this the first suggestion I typically make is measure filter restriction. Maybe I need to rephrase this to: Measure fuel system restriction as it seems there is an assumption that a new filter fils this operation. While a new filter CAN, it is never a given. I've seen filters load in as little as a couple hundred miles. Mdrag has not been here in a while, but he and I had this converstion some time back. Out came his restriction gauge, filter verified as loaded and problem solved until it loaded again...