Thread: 97 3500hd DURAMAX CONVERSION

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

well since im already sold mine tranny. would you know anyone that has a allison for sale. I have like 4,000 to spend which i was goin to use it on the 4l80e. i already have the tcm for a 5speed tranny.

rogers is offline Where there's smoke.... There's fire!

Thumbs up

I don't really know much about the newer trucks, but the tranny listed here seems to be a pretty good deal for your situation. Especially because it comes with the TC and whatnot.
    1996 GMC K3500 Crew Cab Dually 8ft bed
    Rebuilt engine 2/10 18:1 pistons, forged crank, Fluidamper, dsg gear drive timing, high flow oil pump, rebuilt GM8, turbomaster, Kennedy ECM, 4" exhaust, wrapped cross-over and down pipe, '98+ cooling, Duramax fan, aftermarket oil cooler and hoses
    Rebuilt tranny 2/10

Thanks for the link i will keep my eye on it.

Alright guys i have been doin some more research on my transmission issue. I know im not goin to use a 4l80e, i thought about using a nv4500 b/c it will bolt right up to my borg warner 4470, but i called south bend today to see if i could get a clutch made but they said the input shaft was to short to use with the duramax flywheel. So i thought about using a zf-6 speed tranny but i dont know if it will bolt up to my borg warner 4470. The only reason i want to use my oringal tcase is it has sum heavy duty custom shift linkage and its a manual tcase, it also has a pto brake on the rear of it that is attached to my ebrake. Also the borg warner tcase is cocked way down compared to a allison and 263 tcase. I think if i use a allison and stock t case i think it will mess with my front driveline angle. I dont know if you guys can tell in the pic but my truck sits up really high. It has 285 70 19.5s on it. So does any one know what a borg warner 4470 fit on and if i could get any adapters maybe.
    o by the way the tcase has 32 spline input.

Call ADVANCED ADAPTERS, if anybody can couple it to the ALLISON, they can.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, 3.42 gears, 261 T-case
    Trans has a mild build with ALOT of help from MIKE L. which included ALTO's for C1-C4 and a PI ML converter
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust with a CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, EFILIVE, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I don't know where you're located, but here is a good used 02 ALLISON I found in NEBRASKA.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16562
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, 3.42 gears, 261 T-case
    Trans has a mild build with ALOT of help from MIKE L. which included ALTO's for C1-C4 and a PI ML converter
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust with a CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, EFILIVE, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I already called advance adapters they said they couldn't make one to the allison or the zf6. They sinch my tcase has a 32 input spline and the allison and zf6 has a 29 spline they couldnt make a stub shaft to adapt that. Which doesn't make since it dont sound that hard just a space and a stub shaft but o well. My transfer case has the excact bolt pattern as the allison and zf6.

btw I live in ohio