Thread: Wiring Diagram

Question Wiring Diagram

Hey , does anybody have a wiring diagram of a 1984 chevy silverado SWB w/ a 6.2 liter ( vin c ). Or does anybody know how I can get one.

Thank You

Arrow

Go to the "Truck stuff pics" link in my sig. There, is a complete wiring diagram for 1985 trucks. They are essentially the same, except for the glow plug circuit. If that's what you need, they are simple, and you shouldn't need a diagram (just ask the right questions, here).

Otherwise, you'll have to buy one. www.alldatadiy.com is the best value, and is available online. www.helminc.com is the place to order complete factory type manuals. Chilton's and the others available at the parts stores leave a lot to be desired.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Hey DmaxMaverick, I tried to use the one's on your web site and I can not see it clear. So I was trying to get a dirgram on the wiring so I can see what the wires go to from the glow plug relay on the driver side fender without cutting the wire loom up. I so going to see if there is anything that controllers the glow plugs. I'm having problems with the glow plugs. Here is a run down ( I get the truck ( 1984 chevrolet silverado short wheel bed 1/2 ton pickup with a 6.2 liter diesel ( vin c ) with a automatic transmission ( not sure if its a 400 or 700R ). I've had it for three weeks now. When I was looking at the truck the guy said the engine is hard to start in the morning but after it runs a bit its good to go. But I tryed to start it 2-3 day after I got it and it was a no go. so I start looking at the power to glow plugs becasue the guy replaced the plugs the day before I picked it up. so the plugs r new. So I got a Glow plug relay and put it on wednesday and I checked the power to the relay and leaving the relay and the frist plug the harness before it what in to the wiring loom and I had my company truck with jumper cables to help the battries so I could check for power and not run the power down. And the glow plug light inside was not coming on so I was checking power all over the engine and then I looked for a fuse in the cab but I did not find one but I'm not sure if there is one in the cab or in the engine bay. So I could see if it was blown. and I hit a dead end road ( 10:00pm with no light to see ) so I called it a day and started putting all my tools up and was about to move with work truck and I seen the light on for the glow plug and I tryed to start it and it started. so Idrove it around for a few mins and when I got home last night I tryed to start the truck again and it was a NO GO again.

So can you help my out.

P.S. The owner before me said he had the battries checked ( but i'm going to try to get new ones ). and I'm going to get the alternator checked out too

Thank You

Arrow

The diagrams are old (well used before copying), but are of decent resolution you can download them (the full size) and zoom in to see what you need.

At this point, I'd suggest you abandon any attempt to "fix" your 1984 glow system. Stop paying for the inferior system components. Just buy a GP controller from a 1985-1992 and install it according to the 1985 diagram. It will work, better, more reliable, easier to diagnose problems, and is less expensive than the 84 components. The 85+ controller is stand alone, with no external relay like the 84. It's too easy to not do.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

There is one other option and that is to wire a push button switch to the relay on ther fender and run it manually.

The trouble spot with the old system was the tall round controler that screwed into the LH cyl head at the upper rear.

These controlers were problematic.

The wiring and the relay on the fender were fairly trouble free.

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Hey I do rememder when I was checkig power to the glow plugs i check it to the SWITCH and it had power but do you think a wire in the plug is bad.

And how would I wire it up.