Thread: New to the forum (just bought a 6.5) :)

Default New to the forum (just bought a 6.5) :)

Hello,

Thought I would properly introduce myself to the forum. Just bought a '95 Tahoe with a 6.5! Cant wait to pick it up. Until then I'll just keep reading.

Well SIG220,

First, Welcome to TDP. Now that said, you will want to do a search for our 12 step program. 6.5 are very addicting!

When you get your new rig, post a picture or two. Lot's to learn around here and lots of reliable information. It can save you a LOT of $$ when it comes to trouble shooting and repairs.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Quote Originally Posted by a5150nut View Post
    Well SIG220,

First, Welcome to TDP. Now that said, you will want to do a search for our 12 step program. 6.5 are very addicting!

When you get your new rig, post a picture or two. Lot's to learn around here and lots of reliable information. It can save you a LOT of $$ when it comes to trouble shooting and repairs.
    Thanks for the kind welcome! When I first decided to buy the truck I said to myself: "self... I am only gonna get the truck in good shape and then leave it alone." Since Ive been looking around Ive decided to do EGT/Boost gauge, intake, exhaust, pmd relocation, etc.

And speaking of troubleshooting I forgot to mention that the truck doesnt actually run!! LOL. Apparently the truck only runs for about 45 seconds to one minute before stalling, and wont run any longer than that. I pick the truck up Friday and a friend of mine and I are gonna take a look at it. If we cant figure it out its going to my mechanic who owns a few 6.5TD's himself, including a nice tahoe.

welcome to the TDP. someday i would like to find a 6.5 yukon. really like those rigs.

about that stalling, PMD........
    1993 HD2500- 4X4, Nv4500, rc/lb, Lots of mods, killed her. Awaiting her TT rebuild!

2002 Camaro L36/M49- Killed In Action

1995 HD2500 - 4X4, NV4500 rc/lb, GL4, Turbo, exhaust

1994 HD2500- 4X4, NV4500, ec/lb

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 Detroit Diesel View Post
    welcome to the TDP. someday i would like to find a 6.5 yukon. really like those rigs.

about that stalling, PMD........
    Thats one thing I was thinking. Fortunately the truck comes with a new injection pump. I havent even looked at it yet, but hopefully it will come with a new pmd mounted (?) If so I'll swap the pmd and see if that works. Thanks for the kind welcome!

Getting away from Six and a halfs is like quiting ciggy butts, neva gonna happen

Another welcome to ya from the Pacific Northwest.

Always wanted a 95 Tahoe Diesel. Every time I found one it was just sold or it was a wreck.

Glad to have ya on board

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

I love my 6.5L Tahoe!! It's my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned. You've found the best source on the 'net for GM diesel info.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter