Thread: Glow plug harness for 1995 chev 2500

Default Glow plug harness for 1995 chev 2500

I tried to buy a new glow plug harness from my GMC dealer, but when he looked it up it said no longer available. Does anyone know if this is available aftermarket?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards,
    JimO

Default Glow plug wires.

AC delco offers new ends with a wire attached. These are repair parts so maybe you could salvage a harness. PRICY per part though!!.
    4doorTAHOE6.5TD

It's actually really easy to make your own.. Just get some decent quality wire the same size or bigger than whats on the truck going to each plug. Buy yourself 8 female ends from the hardware store or parts store, or whatever, that fit the ends of the plugs (I forgot what size they are, it's been a while since I did mine..). Find a good place to chop the stock wires off by the firewall, and one at a time start replacing the wires from the plug up to where you cut the stock wires off and connect them.. Then wrap the wires together in a loom with electrical tape from the connection down to the side of the motor. This actually works way nicer than stock, cause you can customize the length of the wires and route them around things to avoid heat and stuff.. I dunno, it worked fine for me, and it was under 10 bucks..
    '95 C3500 Dually 6.5TD Crew Cab
    Aftermarket lights all around, Custom Exhaust (Stacks Real Soon!), 4" Cowl Hood, Visor, Chrome Faker Wheels for now.., Other mods and personal touches with more to come!

Default Glow plug harness

Quazzy,

Thank you for the suggestion about making my own harness. That is what I was going to do. However I was told it was a special wire and the ends were also special. Supposedly plastic covered copper wire would not last and the ends needed to be a special material due to the application. If that is not true then I will make my own harness.

How long has the harness you made been in service?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Jim O

Its fusible link wire...you can buy the stuff...I think autozone sells it.

You want to protect that circuit from a ground out...thus the wire will melt and break the circuit by design, eliminating a possible fire. Their are probably other ways to protect the circuits....large DC breakers etc.

Easier just to buy the right wire and avoid the fire!
    95 Suburban 1500 Bone Stock Orig.
    purchased at 103K from first owner
    new alternator/autozone gold @104K
    re-trannyed with shift kit @107.5K
    new Bilsteins all around @ 127K
    Kennedy exhaust @128k ..zoom!
    new lift pump w/OPS bypass @ 130K
    Kennedy FSD cooler @ 135K
    New IP/Injectors/G-plugs @ 137k
    Another autozone alternator and Optima Reds @ 150K
    Another pump and injectors @157K
    New chain and gears @157K
    HO pump single therm setup @157K (will see what happens)
    Head gasket or worse to be determined...164k
    NEW AM General 6.5 installed and running well! @ 164K!!!!!

Unless your harness is trashed, the only real issues are the ends that plug onto the glowplugs.

As was mentioned, you can get the ceramic ends to replace the older plastic ones.

Call Peninsular diesel, I believe they sell a complete harness with all the ends already on the wires.

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY