OK guys, here's a question. I didn't take Mark's advice about waiting to buy a tuner. I was not happy with the way the truck ran, this is my 3rd Duramax after owning a 7.3 Ford. This has the least miles on it of any, and has never towed anything heavy, brake control pig tail not yet installed. This truck has about the same power as my LLY had when it was stock, after I installed the Edge EZ on the LLY it ran like a raped ape, on level 1 it was wild, on level 2 I was afraid it would hurt something, never tried level 3. I thought this LBZ would have more power and better fuel mileage stock over the LLY, it did not. I was even thinking of selling the truck, was just at a dealer, had a complete turbo replacement done under warranty for a poor performance claim. There is nothing wrong with it now, just seems to lack the power that the LLY had.
I bought (2) units, a Superchips Flashpaq, and Bullydog Powerpup. I checked them both for any available updates online, installed the Superchips unit on the lowest Tow power level, WOW!. Was very impressed with the total increase in driveability with a LOT more power thru-out the entire rpm range, not just when your foots in it.
Here's my question, the truck sounds totally different, is louder at idle, has a LOT more crackle, has immediate throttle response, this is supposed to be only 44 HP and 80 lbs. torque, is this too much for this engine ?, this has quite a bit more power than my LLY had even on level 2, I really enjoy driving it, but don't want to damage the engine, especially when i start towing the race car trailer in a few months. This really waked this motor up, just hope its not too much, I put my LLY into "limp" mode once, don't want to do it to this one, so why is it louder ?, timing?
I will try the Powerpup after a few tanks of fuel,and then decide which one I will keep, so far this one has a ton of power, and according to the DIC, is getting a lot better fuel mileage, about 2+ just in city, have not run it on the thruway, but when I got up to 55 for about a 4 mile stretch, it got over 19, well, what do you think ?????????????.