Hey guys,

there's something I've wanted to ask you for a long time: what's going on with diesel fuel in the states? I'm a member of many different forums and constantly have to read weird stuff about diesel & diesel related topics. Why are there so many guys that are putting some additives in their fuel? There also are rumors about "Germans who put some misterious additives in their volkswagen tdis" and what the heck is ultra low sulfur diesel? Sulfurous diesel is a thing of the past, has been banned decades ago.
I've driven several Mercedes Diesel cars, Nissan Diesel trucks, Volkswagen Vans, Golfs and Jettas/Passats and my 6.2 Chevy Blazer without any issues concerning the fuel.
My new 140HP Volkswagen 4 Motion 1.9 Diesel already has about 160k miles , gets 38 MPG and there are no problems even during long runs @ 140 mph.
The Volkswagen 1.9 Tdi is everywhere, nobody is putting some additives in it. Engines just last and last, cold starts are no problems either. A friend of mine has about 250000 Miles on his heavy VW Passat Variant (150 HP version) no problems with the engine. My dad owned a Mercedes with a 2l Turbodiesel, drove 320k Miles, no problems (unfortunately salty winter roads killed the good old Benz a few years ago)

are there so few diesels in the US?

Greetings

flo