Thread: Exhaust system for '01 standard cab/long bed?

Default Exhaust system for '01 standard cab/long bed?

I have been looking at exhaust systems and I can't seem to find many that have the standard cab/long bed listed as a purchasing option? I was particularly interested in the MBRP 5" Installer series, but on MBRP's site all of their products specify extended cab/crew cab????

I've looked on the bay but am a little hesitant to purchase an off-brand...

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    \'01 Silverado 2500HD D/A,SC/LB K&N FIPK,AMSoil lubricants

When I put a 4" Banks system on our 02 Dually C/C longbed GMC, if I remember correctly it came with one or two extra short and longer sections of pipe. And depending on whether you had a crew cab or extra cab or short bed you just used the correct length. The front pipe was the same back from the turbo down pipe back under the cab. Then from there to the muffler got the additional pipe.And the muffler mounted under the bed with stock hangers in same place as OEM muffler.
    I guess they may still do it that way now.

Thanks for the reply, called MBRP this morning and it seems I'm in luck! It is nice to hear from people that have actually done the job though.

Thanks again!

Thumbs up

It's not a bad job, just jack the truck up put jack stands under the frame and let the rear axle hang. The worst part is getting the old system off. Some people cut them off, I like to take them off intact. That way you can reinstall easily and or sell it easier. Sometimes you might have to take a rear shock off to remove the rear muffler and tail pipe, but if you do, it's easy enough. Just hang everything on the new system and line it all up and then tighten up your clamps. OH if your going from turbo down, you might take out the wheel well liner to gain easier access to the turbo down pipe clamp.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice, every bit helps! Now I have to decide what programmer to get-gotta love tax return time!