Thread: 2011 GMC Hd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

if the new ones are as good as my 02 Duramax no problems.
    I have just started to look around and can't believe the prices I'm being quoted. It's been so long since I bought a truck I have no idea how to begin. Will the dealers be making good deals with these new diesels? At what price should one start dealing, Invoice, 20% or ?
    Jack

Default Capacity Numbers?

Compairing the Sierra and Denali with configuration 2500HD Crewcab 4WD Duramax, I am seeing capacity numbers that don't make sense.
    I have seen a lot of different numbers published, and after doing lots of searching, I've come up what look like the actual numbers:
    Sierra----2,792 payload-----16,700 5th wheel
    Denali----2,631 payload-----15,600 5th wheel
    Can someone provide the real answer?
    I've posted on other forums without any solid answer; also even talked to GM customer service who gave me bogus numbers and had no explaination for the Denali having less capacity.
    I'd really like to order a Denali since it appears to me to be the best buy, but really don't like the idea of having to give up a substantial amount of capability.
    ??????

Randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Red with Dark Cashmer Light Cashmer
    Superglide 5th wheel hitch
    Bed Rug
    Jack Rabbit Full Metal Jacket bed cover
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

I would think the Denali would have lower numbers because it comes loaded and weighs more from the start. Axel/frame capacities are the same for both, so the heavier truck has less capacity.

Jay
    2023 Tahoe 3.0l diesel
    2013 Harley Switchback
    2021 Ram 2500 6.7l (sold)
    2018 Chevy Traverse (sold)
    2021 Silverado 3.0l LM2 (sold)
    2019 GMC Sierra 6.2l (sold)
    2019 Colorado ZR2(sold)
    2017 2500HD CC D/A (sold)
    2015 1500 CC High Country 6.2l (sold)
    2010 Chev 2500HD CC D/A (sold)
    2013 Chev 2500HD CC D/A (sold)
    2006 Chev 3500 CC D/A (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic (sold)

Default Denali Detuned

I found the answer.
    Yes the payload is lower because the standardly equiped Denali is a bit heavier.
    The 5th wheel capacity is 1,100lbs less because all the Denali's have been manufactured to meet California emission standards----ie, detuned; by how much I haven't found out yet, but it must be substantial.

randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Bed Rug
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Default Detuned ??

I was told today that the difference in capacity was axle ratio?? Denali offers a 3:73 only and the 2500 HD Sierra offers a 3:73 and a 4:10. Beats me.

grayfox

Duramax equiped trucks come only with 3.73; 4.10 is only an option for the gassers
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Bed Rug
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Arrow

Weight capacities are only shown for the base model of the truck. The Denali has a higher unladen curb weight than the base Silverado, therefore will have a lower remaining capacity. All trucks, of all brands, are like this. The DMV weight fees are also based on these figures, in most states.

In any case, you will never (as in: NEVER) be able to legally load and use a truck according to declared weight capacities, in any practical manner. That is, of course, unless you are full of helium (weightless), plan on driving, forever, on an empty tank of fuel, an absolutely clean truck (as in no weighty dust), with no paperwork in the glovebox, and your weightless trailer is hauling canaries that are always flying. Declared weight capacities are always the barest of bare trucks, with nothing added. Also, they don't, usually, include the weight of hitches or other accessories, even if they come equipped with them from the factory. All this is in the fine print, if you can find it. The fine print isn't included in the weight capacity, either.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com