Thread: Is a Duramax Tailpipe Interchangeable With a 6.5 Pipe?

TurboDiverArt Guest

Is a Duramax Tailpipe Interchangeable With a 6.5 Pipe?

Yes I know the Duramax is bigger, I think it

Arrow

Some have used the Duramax tailpipe on their 6.5. Bends should be OK. Not much chance of the hangers being in the right place, but any competent muffler shop could help there.

Jim

dieseldummy Guest

I'm one that has used the Duramax tailpipe. The bends are pretty close, the most rear hanger worked in my setup, but that was about it. The muffler and other parts will not fit in my experience. So at a bare min. a new hanger or two will be required as well as some welding.

TurboDiverArt Guest

Originally posted by dieseldummy:
    I'm one that has used the Duramax tailpipe. The bends are pretty close, the most rear hanger worked in my setup, but that was about it. The muffler and other parts will not fit in my experience. So at a bare min. a new hanger or two will be required as well as some welding.
    Thanks, I was about to ask about the rest of the system, now I know.

Guess I have to post in the Duramax forum to see if anyone wants to get rid of their stock tailpipe.

I replaced the stock muffler with a 3

Cool

I have a muffler and tail pipe from a ford on my 96 chevy and on my son's 2000 gmc we have a duramax system.
    David
    David n5vxu<br />Truck Pic\'s [URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/n5vxu<br />96 chevy 2500 ext.cab<br />phazer gears<br />cooling mods<br />3.5\"muffler and tail pipe(from a FORD)<br />air box mods<br />egt, trans,and boost gages<br />Home made fsd cooler $10<br />Don\'t need no home made adj.boost controler 11psi<br />My son joey\'s truck<br />2000 gmc crew cab long bed 4x4<br />3 1/2\" exhaust (from a Duramax)

TurboDiverArt Guest

Originally posted by david:
    I have a muffler and tail pipe from a ford on my 96 chevy and on my son's 2000 gmc we have a duramax system.
    David
    I had actually wondered about a Dodge system. My buddy replaced his stock Cummings system. I forget the size but I think it's 3.5-4.0.

Art.