Thread: Injection pump or PCM or PMD

Default Injection pump or PCM or PMD

I got a little problem with the 96 GMC 6.5TD vin code S truck. I got a steal of deal on the sucker it has 324km and runs great just had a little studder at low speads app sensor code P0227 easy enough found a gas pedal out at the farm. Cleared the codes now i got 4 new ones and still have a hesitation and get the odd no start. Couldnt tell you when the pump was done or pmd but it is the gray one so had to be somewhat recent.
    The new codes are
    P0404 EGR System Performance
    P1214 Injection Pump Timing Offset at 4.5
    P0216 Injection timing circuit
    P1218 Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
    Now when i get the no start i pop the glove box give the pcm a wack and bang fires up.
    The other thing is when the scanner is hooked up to the truck it runs like **** and stalls out and there was a reading that i'm drawing a blank on what it is exaclty that the number is suppose to be low but its at 8690 reguarding the pcm.
    Any ideas i really dont want to do the pcm cause if i do then i got to buy gauges and an exhaust cause i'll chip it at the same time which was suppose to be down the road. Thanks

I'd check all of the PCM electrical connectors to make sure they are fully seated. Then, check the fuel injection system related connectors and wiring harness under the hood for loose connectors, damaged wiring or other installation problems.

I wasn't aware a "gas" pedal would work for the 6.5 diesel.....

Jim

I'll give that a try and see what happends and the gas pedals dont work very good totally different system, lol second diesel still got to get that gas word out of the vocab

Stop off at your local electronics store (Radio shack) or ??? and get a spray can of contact cleaner.

Unplug all the connectors one at a time and spray the plugs then reinstall.

All it takes is a little corrosion and you will have issues.

Do this on all plugs, at the ECM, the IP and at the main connectors near the firewall (2 large plugs) also make sure the grounds at the rear of the intake manifold are clean and solid.

Be real sure all the battery cables are in good order. These systems MUST have a very good set of ++ supply and Grounds or your in trouble.

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Well i did the three connectings on the pcm fired up the truck and i have no more engine light took her for a cruise and i have a little studder still at low speeds but it runs ten times better idles smooth and i can hear the turbo spool up even and go no engine light before i could clear the codes and the light would come on as soon as i hit the pedal so going to do the rest of the plugs tomorrow for good measure and put it on the scanner again and see if my app sensors are giving me the studder. oh ya the way out number that i couldnt remember was the TDC offset was at 8690 so i'll see if that is back to normal. thanks so far so good