Thread: Which Trans, Ats Or Suncost

Default Which Trans, Ats Or Suncost

I hurt my stock allison pulling my 38' toy hauler today. I am ready to upgrade my trans. This question has probably been asked a thousand times, so I apologize. My truck is a 2003, I am running stacked fuel programs and like to pour the coals to it. I would like to hear some opinions on which trans/converter package is better, ATS or Suncoast. Any help would be great! I don't want to have to worry about hurting the trans again and do plan on adding much more power once I have the trans installed.

I say either do it yourself with help from Mike at Inglewood Trans or have a reputable builder built it for you. I am not a big fan of ATS, "To big to fail" Ya right. They flaunt their warranty which is great but if you have to use it alot then well I would rather not have warranty and not have mess with it. I built mine with phone tech and it has held up great with around 450 or so to the ground. Have only towed 12k- 15k so far but did that with a solid 100 horse tune, no problems.

Mike
    1995 Suburban K2500 6.5TD 3.73's Innercooled, Updated cooling, Banks 3" exhaust no gizzards in the kittie. Pyro/Boost/Trans temp. Transgo HD valvebody kit.
    2002 2500HD, CC, LB, 4X4,California Truck, Federal Emissions Front pipe, Plugged recirculator, modified air box(Per Kennedy's page) 6" RCD lift, 35" tires.

I have to say Suncoast all the way. Best support and most reliable product.

We can help with the trans AND get you smarter, even stronger tuning that what you have stacked.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

DONT GO WITH ATS i had a ats tranny in my duramax conversion truck. the darn thing lasted to two days before a vein broke the convertor.
    It took ats 9 freaking weeks to rebuild the convertor. never deal with them

I Went With The Suncoast Trans And Converter. Thanks For The Input!

Good move! I had mine redone (with the SC billet cut input and the billet cut TC) recently - at Sun Coast/Webb's Transmissions. I couldn't be happier - mine's in a motorhome, and the ensemble has improved fuel economy by at least 8% (and more like 10%), and I'm getting the engine to do the work rather than the tranny.
    '94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.