Thread: Safer Way To Add Fuel With Lb7?

Default Safer Way To Add Fuel With Lb7?

Will Using A Pressure Type Program Shorten The Life Of The Lb7's Injectors? Is It Safer To Use A Timing Type Program Instead? I Know Of A Few Guys Around My Town Who Are Using Both Types Stacked With Good Power Results, But I Am Concerned About Causing Premature Injector Problems With The Pressure Style.

That Being Said, Does Anybody Know Which Way The Edge Juice And The Hypertech Power Programmer Add Fuel?

Thanks For The Info In Advance!!!

Old post went unanswered. Somehow I missed it.

Pressure boxes are the way-way-way of the past. The first boxes out were simple pressure foolers. They proved to be hard on the injectors. When the pulse (duration) boxes came out the psi were quickly set aside. Some (myself included) started stacking the psi with the pulse boxes. This is what I did to take top HP at the 2002 Rendezvous in BC Canada at 376 RWHP which in that time period was unheard of.

All of that stuff is old news now. Now when I look to improve performance, economy, etc I do my own custom tuning. No harness boxes, band aids, etc. Just good tuning.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Old post went unanswered. Somehow I missed it.

Pressure boxes are the way-way-way of the past. The first boxes out were simple pressure foolers.
    I have an edge juice waiting to be installed. It's the original one. Is that a pressure or pulse type?
    Jon
    04 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax (LB7) 173K Miles
    97 Passat TDI 200K+ Miles
    00 Passat 1.8 150K+ Miles
    97 Corvette 110K+ Miles

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jjcsnlynn View Post
    I have an edge juice waiting to be installed. It's the original one. Is that a pressure or pulse type?
    All Edge modules are fuel map modifiers. NOT a "pressure box".
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Increasing rail pressure, broadening the pulse width, advancing the injection timing.

I'm not a big fan of pushing the limts on timing advance. More advance adds stress to the head gaskets.

Jim