Thread: Gauge pillar question

Default Gauge pillar question

I have the tan interior and i havent been able to find a full pillar in that color. they all seem to be black.... anyone else have problem finding right color pillar.
    2004 chevy dmax lly, afe 4 in exhuast, Autometer Ultra Lite II OH Gauges, DSP5 from Duramaxtuner.com stock trans tunes

Arrow

Very few distributors actually carry colors (for a premium price when they do, of course). Most have only the molded colors, depending on the aftermarket/NOS availability. Get what you can find available for the correct fit (don't settle on "close"), and paint with interior/upholstery dye paint (matched to your interior color code). You'll be money ahead in the end, and also have a can of touch-up paint to hit the fasteners, exposed harness, bezels, etc, for a real professional looking job.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

My local auto paint store mixed me up some tan that matched perfectly. They put it in a small glass jar. The top was a small aresol can that screwed right to the jar. Prep'd per their instructions and gave it a couple coats. Looks like it is from the factory.
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013