Thread: question

Default question

I have a 01 duramax 2500 that stalls in the rain, last time i posted they said grease on plugs,i did that unless i missed one.the only code i get is p0089,feul pressure regulator but why only in the rain.

Default dtc p0089

Did you clear that code and it returned next time it was in the rain, consistently? Just to make sure it is related.
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler

Default reply

no engine service light comes on even on sunny days but runs good.2001 2500extcab duramax,1987 ram50 converted to 2.3L mitsubi****i turbo diesel 5spd.

I would clear that code and see if the next time it stalls if it comes back up. I checkedthe service manual & one of the things to diagnose for that(P0089) is to check the fuel rail pressure sensor circuit for a short to ground. That could be water related.
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by 87max View Post
    Did you clear that code and it returned next time it was in the rain, consistently? Just to make sure it is related.
    yes i cleared the code but it did not come on in the rain it came on on a sunny day .

Default Dtc

May not be related, This is what the manual describes for circuit DTC0089 "The engine control module (ECM) uses commanded fuel pump flow to determine fuel rail pressure (FRP). The actual fuel pressure is monirored using the FRP sensor. If the FRP sensor indicates a pressure more than 20 MPa greater than desired, DTC P0089 will set. Maybe try a little misting of water in certain areas with a spray bottle & see what happens?
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler