Thread: 2006 2500HD Does Not Sit level side to side

Default 2006 2500HD Does Not Sit level side to side

Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me why my 2500 HD which is a 2006 does not sit the same ride height on the drivers side as the passenger side? Also if it helps when the truck is going down the highway, it pulls to the right, the opposite side that is low??

Arrow

If nothing is broken, your Z-height is out of adjustment. Usually, a simple adjustment of the torsion bars fixes it. Otherwise, measure the arc of your rear springs to be sure you don't have one collapsed (lift the truck by the trailer hitch until both wheels are off the level ground, run a string/straight-edge between the hanger bolts and measure the distance to the top spring).
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

If this torsion bar is "loose" would this also account for the pulling to the right that I am experiencing?

Arrow

Any time your suspension geometry is off, it can cause pulling. It doesn't take much. Park on a level slab and measure from the lower control arm bolt to the ground. Check the rear springs, first. Make sure you are talking to the right end of the horse. If you need to adjust the torsion bars, completely unload the bar before turning the bolt (lift that wheel off the ground by the frame). One turn of the bolt will equate to about 1/4" to 1" of chassis height, depending on how it is loading. After adjustment, roll up and back before measuring again to normalize the suspension.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com