Thread: Oil filters

Question

What type oil filters are you using? I have been using the AC Delco oil filters since new. Anything any better? Never had a problem, but always looking. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Tom McCauley (DP Member #513)
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

I always use AC 1218s and have no complaints. Over the years I've read lots of articles on filters and the quality of aftermarket filters seems to come and go with time. Now, I'm convinced that using the OEM filter is probably the best bet over the long haul. At least you have some assurance it has enough surface area, appropriate pressure relief etc. At $3.29 at Autozone, they're tough to beat. By the way, the NAPA fuel filters are stamped Stanadyne - just in a NAPA box.
    2005 Regular cab, LLY Allison, new 7/05

CareyWeber Guest

Baldwin B1428

Baldwin for me too.........
    1995 K1500 Z71 6.5TD<br />97 cooling upgrades, Hayden severe duty fan clutch, 20\" 9 blade fan, Turbo-Master, Heath exhaust, Heath Max-E-Tork, Heath PMD isolator, Airbox mods, Kennedy quick heat glow plugs, Isspro boost and EGT, 185000 miles

damork Guest

I've been using Pur One for the last 100k miles on my 6.5, and use them on all my vehicles after reading the test results published here a few years back. Seems that Mobil 1, Pur One, and the AC Gold version of AC Delco, and Baldwin filters are the better ones. Pur One price is about $6, sometimes a buck or two less on sale. I buy bunches when I find them on sale.

WIX. There are some past post on the subject w/some test data. I think it was fleetgaurd w/
    synthetic media tested the best. Wix and Baldwin
    were up there too. Don't use fram, Ive heard they may collapse inside.
    92 GMC std cab C2500, Kennedy high flow injectors,port matched, Banks exhaust & gauges, intercooler, 97 cooling, Turbo Master.A means for a Toy