Thread: standalone project lb7

Default standalone project lb7

Hello,

im new here and from the netherlands.
    Dont know much about die Dmax engine have to read complete forum .

Preparing my lb7 (2001) to run on europallet.

Cutted of the TCM-harness no need for found only three/four cables running to the fusebox or ECM.

Much difference in dealing with used carparts between states and europe. I know from TV that every seller in USA has to document on each used part from what car its a take out (VIN).
    I bought the engine from german (near Heidelberg) scrap yard only know that its from damaged US-military Chevy (total loss). Without ECM.

Please some questions.
    Where to connect the OBDII cable and the fly by wire?
    Im in need of wiring diagram.
    its possible to find the VIN on the engine? I saw some curillic signs near the bellhousing flange.
    Does the engine start if i buy a new/used ECM with different VIN? Because of the FICM: does the ECM compare the stored VIN with the one from the FICM? Or isn't there one VIN programmed inside the FICM?
    Where is the immobilizer? Inside the BCM? Does ECM ask for one signal from immobilizer?
    Is there online spare parts catalog? Need clamb from exaust pipe, cover from fusebox, enz.

Thank you very much
    Willi

Quote Originally Posted by eaw View Post
    Hello,

im new here and from the netherlands.
    Dont know much about die Dmax engine have to read complete forum .

Preparing my lb7 (2001) to run on europallet.

Cutted of the TCM-harness no need for found only three/four cables running to the fusebox or ECM.

Much difference in dealing with used carparts between states and europe. I know from TV that every seller in USA has to document on each used part from what car its a take out (VIN).
    I bought the engine from german (near Heidelberg) scrap yard only know that its from damaged US-military Chevy (total loss). Without ECM.

Please some questions.
    Where to connect the OBDII cable and the fly by wire?
    Im in need of wiring diagram.
    its possible to find the VIN on the engine? I saw some curillic signs near the bellhousing flange.
    Does the engine start if i buy a new/used ECM with different VIN? Because of the FICM: does the ECM compare the stored VIN with the one from the FICM? Or isn't there one VIN programmed inside the FICM?
    Where is the immobilizer? Inside the BCM? Does ECM ask for one signal from immobilizer?
    Is there online spare parts catalog? Need clamb from exaust pipe, cover from fusebox, enz.

Thank you very much
    Willi
    Welcome to the board!

You may have your work cut out for you.... The OBD data port can be found on the wiring harness that is inside the cab of the truck. The accelerator pedal electrical connector connects to the in-cab harness.

In a truck, there is an electrical center located under the hood on top of the left side fender well. The engine harness, transmission harness, in-cab harness and lighting harness all connect to this electrical center.

The in-cab harness also connects to a module named the "BCM" for Body Control Module. The BCM reads a coded value from the ignition keylock assembly when the ignition key is rotated from off to run. If the coded message is valid, the BCM then send a "fuel continue" message to the vehicle ECM, and the engine can start.

On edit: I should also point put that, though pricey, www.pacificp.com offers a standalone wiring harness and computer package that simplifies a conversion installation. However, having all of the functionality provided by the OE GM harnesses and modules is a plus if you want more bells and whistles.

Jim
    Last edited by More Power; 03-07-2011 at 12:35. Reason: add to