Thread: New Build

Default New Build

Hello everyone I'm kinda new here but i was a member in early 2000. i just got a 1995 6.5 turbo suburban a few weeks back, but I'm not the bus type. So i bought a 1997 ext cab with the third door and a 5.7 gas with plans of a conversion, shortly after i found a 2002 3500 HD with 6.5 turbo. i have been going over this in my head for days and gotten no where. Here are the ideas i have had.
    1. 6.5 turbo half ton ext. cab with the 1995 motor
    2. 6.5 turbo 3/4 ext. cab with the 1995 motor
    3. a home built crew cab w/ 2002 6.5
    i have 3 boy and i want room a good friend is my go to guy when i get conflicted but he is not a diesel guy my first truck was 1988 GMC 2500 with a 6.2 NA i loved that truck but at the time i could not justify a new frame or the money for the motor work. i know the new thing is the 6.6 Duramax but i like my 6.5 and the gas mileage. the OBD2 is something i would like to use. I have built lots of fuel injected cars and truck and i really like the OBD2. Any input would be great. I will be posting pic of everything as i go.

Hi
    Since i'v had a crew cab,i'm biased.My first choice will allways be a crew cab now.I'v had reg cabs,extened cabs,just no comparison in my book.If i didn't need a box to haul stuff a sub would be a no brainer.
    Have fun with your build
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

What is it you want the truck to do? Crew cab is great but to piece one together thats gonna be some work. Already got a project without that aspect. I'd go the 3/4 ton ext cab or stick with the burb. Dry locked up gear ain't such a bad thing if you don't "need" a truck. my .02
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler

I do a lot of every thing and a box has been missed. As of today I have locked down the base. It will be a shot box crew cab. as i said in my last post I will be posting pic soon. thanks for your reply's.