Hello all,

I have been interested in alternative fuels for a while now. Last year's oil spill really got me motivated to start taking some action in reducing and eventually eliminating my consumption of fossil fuels. It was time to look for a new (to me) vehicle and I decided I would go diesel for long service life and the eventual usage of B100. My three requirements were four wheel drive, diesel, and manual transmission. After much searching and a tight budget I ended up with my '98. So far I have been pretty happy with the truck, although I am still burning fossil fuels...

Anyway, I had plans to build a processor from Girlmark's Appleseed plans. Last week while cruising craigslist I found a complete appleseed processor for sale about an hour away. Turns out the guy I bought it from attended one of Maria's (Girlmark) classes and purchased the unit at the end of the seminar. I bought the complete processor and a bunch of random lab equipment from him for less than I could buy the plumbing and fittings for . I did not by his wash system, as he was using magnasol and I was planning to go with a water wash system similar to Graydon Blair's plans.

Any way I have yet to make any bio, I am very meticulous and have been researching alot lately as to minimize mistakes in the early stages of production.

So now for a few questions to you homebrewers...

a) How is your electric injected 6.5 running on bio? AFAIK if the fuel is washed and good quality it should be no problems (especially with the optic sensor) and should actually provide better lubrication for my IP. Any truth to this?

b)What setup are you using to process, wash, settle, dry, filter, etc and why?

c)What websites and forums do you use and find most useful? I am sorting through lots of info lately but am having trouble finding an active and/or well layed out forum to join.

d) where are you purchasing your chemicals and supplies? So far I have purchased a case of KOH from duda diesel online but have not had much luck finding methanol locally. Anyone in Western NC/east TN/sw Virginia?

Excuse the long read and thanks in advance for the information.