Thread: 1995 to 2007

Default 1995 to 2007

Hi all
    Im new to the page, but have been surfing many of the forums for conversion of 6,5td to duramax.
    My project started nearly 2 years ago when I found a 3/4ton salvage truck on e-bay from 2007. The truck was a 2500 silverado HD duramax and I started wondering if that would fit into my daily driver, a 1995 k2500 6,5td.
    I bought the truck and got it shipped to Denmark, Europe during the fall of 2009.
    The project started in the beginning of 2010 and had a down period in the beginning of 2011 but at the moment the status is that I have assemblied most of the conversion, only seats and door sides to go. But when I was ready to cranck the engine for the first time I only got light in the generator lamp and the gear position indicator.

Has anyone tried that before?

Danemax

Arrow

There have been many conversions completed like what you're discussing. Attention to detail and following the wiring diagrams usually results in few problems.

It sounds as though you're using the Duramax instrument panel. It's a simple plug-in if you're using the Duramax wiring harnesses.

Jim

Smile

Thanks Jim
    I am using the duramax dash and wiring harness, must be something I have overseen. Just came home from work offshore and tried the antitheft resetting without success.
    I think I need to read the instructions on the EFI live V2 I have in the drawer.
    Attached Images Attached Images