Thread: New 17" Wheels and 265 70's Installed on Burb PICS

Default New 17" Wheels and 265 70's Installed on Burb PICS

Just got my new wheels and tires installed this morning. I had located a set of late model 17" gmc alloys and due to some condition and money issues had them powder coated for now. They turned out real nice. I don't drive the truck in the winter so not too concerned about road salt/brine ect.

After shopping and talking to wayyy too many people I took a chance and got a set of Hankook LT265 70/R17's AT M's. They look really good on the truck and they are surprisingly quiet at all speeds. I was ready to spring for a set of Silent Armors and the tire guy talked me out of them and I saved like $350.00 to boot.

I have some slight rubbing on the front when I turn sharp. Will most likely tweek the torsion a bit and see what that does. They sure fill the wheel well better than the 245's.

See my photo bucket link for pics.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/...urban%20K2500/
    1996 K2500 Suburban
    Second owner, Former Fire Dept Vehicle
    "F" Engine, 4:10's looking for 3:73's
    D-TECH Remote mounted PMD, HO water pump
    1998 air box with K&N filter
    Fluidampr
    17" GMC Alloy Wheels with 265 70 R17's
    RACOR 490 fuel filter with heater and 2 Micron Filter

Had hankooks on my last van 06 e250, almost switched them to this van when i sold it. They were wearing fantastic (36k half tread aprox left, rotated @oil change) and did quite well in the ice & snow. Probably replace these when the time comes to those.
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler