I have been pondering a serious thought on a swap I built my dream truck 6 years ago and tossed a 4.3 v6 in it to get it on the road so i could enjoy it well I got 300k miles of great service out of it before the ol girl swallowed an intake valve on the way home one night so I have recently pulled a 6.2 from a half ton I drove daily will be back on the road soon been doing some other upgrades so my serious question is in a couple years I am considerring retireing to hot shotting and I plan to do so with this truck and maybey for the sake of all the other poeple who cant stand a slow poke especially a slow poke hauling a trailer I really like the simplicity of the 6.2/6.5 I have put serious thought into investing in a peninsular crate or amg/gep optimizer 6.5 engine my goal 300 hp/550lbft torque running nv4500 and want to keep it that way autos are for the wifes truck. but anyway have you priced these engines lately im looking at anywere from 8 to 13 grand then still need to buy an intercooler looking at some serious dough for that power dont say 12 valve cummins I did that before the v6 gas the noise was to much dont get me wrong the engine was great just not on the interstate everyday unles you drove with ear pulgs my serios consideration is a duramax ive seen 3 swaps very nice clean most everything working with both new and original clusters its least powerful form it has all the power i want its gonna get exhaust and intake modes when it goes in from the start along with gages so if i wanted more power a programer would more then suit my needs if any and I can get donors for far less then a 300 hp 6.5dont get me wrong I like the simplicity of the 6.5 but im thinking wich swap is more practical im talking maybey 4 grand for engine and fuel tank pcm intecooler and all assescories vs 8 to 13 for just engine