Thread: New landspeed record on B20!

Default New landspeed record on B20!

http://biodiesel.org/news/pressrelea...sel_Record.htm

This is a neat article I found while researching biodiesel. Looks like Duramax/GM needs to one up the competition again. Just wondering if the extra lubricating properties of bio overcomes the loss of btu's in B20 compared to dino? Kind of amazing how the biodiesel achieved a higher speed record than dino using the same truck. Food for thought.

On another note, I fueled up today at the local pump and on it was a sticker that read "may contain up to 5% biodiesel". I have never seen this sticker on a pump in Texas. Is Texas starting to have 5% bio??
    '06 Chevy 2500HD LBZ CCSB 4x4

Hell you don't even get a tshirt until 200... Makes me want to call up JK and get 200mph capable tune, and make a trip out west...JK can a stock Duramax be fueled (and tuned) to make enough HP for the task?

As for the B20 claims, my guess is either 1) the warmed up truck (diff fluids, transmission fluid, engine underhood temps) had less parasitic drag and/or made better horsepower on the return run, 2) they picked up a slight tailwind, rather than bucking a headwind, 3) or a little bit of both.

No reason that B20 would make more power that I can see, all other factors being the same. Who knows, maybe they sandbagged a bit to acheive the results they wanted - to promote B20.
    Last edited by Mark Rinker; 09-09-2011 at 08:27.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K