Thread: FSD bites the dust

I have a 95 Suburban that had the following symptoms.

It always started and ran great when cold. After getting the engine warmed up and shutting down, it would start right up and run great unless it sat for ten minutes or more then it would start right up but after idling for about a minute it would sometimes sputter and die. I would run the lift pump for ten seconds and it would start right up. After sitting for a couple hours, the engine would cool down and it would always start and run OK.

I decided to replace the fad with the SOL-D from Remarq Technologies http://remarqtech.com/

The total time from start to finish, to replace the fsd, was less that 10 minutes. It actually took me longer to find my metric socket than the actual replacement.

I show the history of the vehicle on the "FSD Longevity Poll"

Time will tell how the SOL-D will work out but with a 5 year warranty on the unit I decided to give it a try and I couldn't be happier with the performance so far.

N9Phil (IL)
    1995 Chev 4X4 1500 Suburban 6.5 TD,Phazer Gear Kit from JK, High Capacity Water Pump Kit from JK. Special Calibration fan clutch W/8 blade fan from JK
    1995 Chev 4X4 2500 Suburban 6.5 TD>>SOL-D (parts car)
    1999 Chev 4X4 2500 Suburban 454 "Gas Hog" with Hiniker C-Plow

markrinker Guest

Interesting product. Too bad it didn't come out about 8 years ago, he'd be retired on a island somewhere.

[ 09-12-2004, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]